Get even more out of a journey on the Black Forest Railway with the new audio guide. Now you can sit back and listen up for everything there is to know about one of Germany’s most beautiful stretches of track, as well as the sights along the way. The app also features historical and present-day images as well as an offline mapping application with GPS location tracking. The audio guide (choose from German, English or French language versions) is initially dedicated to the section of the route between Offenburg and Donaueschingen, with the rest to follow in 2012/2013.
DB Regio VB Südbaden wishes you ‘Bon Voyage’ with the Black Forest Railway App.
At a glance – Here’s what you can expect:
- Audio guide Offenburg – Donaueschingen
- Plenty of images of the Black Forest Railway
- German, English and French versions
- Offline mapping application with GPS location tracking
- Extension of the audio guide in 2012 and 2013
To mark the 200th anniversary of Franz Liszt’s birth, exhibitions at a number of venues in Eisenstadt and central Burgenland – some of them unique original locations – will be devoted to the life and work of the great composer. Taken as a whole, the exhibitions will present a picture of the important phases in the composer’s life and provide insights into a dazzling, complex personality: prodigy and piano virtuoso, star performer and heartthrob, composer and renewer of music, European, free thinker and clergyman.
The application includes:
- The whole audio tour in German and English
- Numerous images of the objets on display
- Impressions from the various exhibitions
- Important information for your visit to the Landesmuseum Burgenland
Discover the Zeugma Mosaics Museum in Gaziantep, one of the largest and most spectacular museums of its kind worldwide. Visit the outstanding collection of ancient mosaics; their diversity and excellent state of preservation will amaze you. Learn more about the city of Zeugma – its history and its importance in the region. And let the mosaics introduce you to the world of antiquity with its gods, nymphs and heros.
App features include:
- 40 stations where you can learn more about the splendid mosaics and sculptures
- the complete audio guide to the exhibition with a total length of over one hour
- images of the archaeological sites, giving a look behind the scenes of an excavation
- a timeline of the city of Zeugma, chronicling the history of this ancient trading center
- service information about opening times, admission charges and the museum location.
What do you think of our app? We value your comments and suggestions.
Max Liebermann is regarded as one of the pioneering figures of Modernism. His body of work is an unparalled document of the social upheaval and artistic change taking place in Germany at the beginning of the 20th century.
The Art and Exhibition Hall of the Federal Republic of Germany is now dedicating a comprehensive retrospective to the work of Max Liebermann (1847–1935). In addition, key elements of Liebermann’s artistic garden in Wannsee, Berlin, have been imaginatively recreated on the roof of the Art and Exhibition Hall in Bonn.
The application includes:
- Excerpts from the audio guide in German and English
- Excerpts from the children’s guide in German
- Numerous images of Max Liebermann’s most beautiful works
- Important information for your visit to the Art and Exhibition Hall.
Gemeentemuseum Den Haag
29 January 2011 – 1 May 2011
László Moholy-Nagy (1895-1946) made photography and film – the essential ingredient of which was light – the leading artistic media of his time. Through photography and film, art suddenly became accessible to all. This democratisation of the arts was entirely consistent with Moholy-Nagy’s utopian ideas. To him, art was part of an attitude to life, a collective mentality in which art and all other aspects of life merge in a Gesamtkunstwerk (‘integrated artwork’) or, better still, a Gesamtwerk (‘integrated work’), leading to shared progress. He was convinced of art’s ability to educate. ‘Art sharpens one’s senses, one’s view, one’s mind and one’s observations,’ he believed.
The App of the current show in the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag tells you more about the exhibits on display now, as well as Moholy-Nagy’s life and work. The application contains:
- the entire audio guide to the exhibition
- photos to every audio station in the exhibition
- a detailed biography of László Moholy-Nagy with photos from the Bauhaus Archiv, Berlin
- the films “Berlin Still Life” and “Light Play – Black-White-Grey“ in full length
- useful information for your trip to the Gemeentemuseum
To mark its centenary, the Kunsthaus Zurich is paying tribute to Pablo Picasso, the towering genius of the twentieth century, with a comprehensive homage to a sensational show. This was the artist’s first ever museum-based retrospective, held in 1932. The exhibition, which ran from September to November of that year at the Kunsthaus Zurich, had been put together by the Spanish painter in person – a revolution in the art world. It was new for the works in a museum-based exhibition to be selected by the artist himself, rather than the museum director. Now, around 100 of the best pieces from that show are on display at the Kunsthaus once again – a unique experience!
The App of the current show tells you more about the stupendous exhibits on display now and the retrospective of 1932, as well as Picasso’s life and work.
The application contains:
- the entire audio guide to the exhibition
- lots of photos of the 1932 retrospective
- a facsimile of the contemporary catalogue to browse through
- a detailed biography of the artist
- photos from Picasso’s visit to Zurich and other periods of the Master’s life
- information about the centenary of the Kunsthaus Zurich
See more, hear more, experience more!
Do you like travelling independently? Do you prefer to explore cities, regions and museums in your own way, at your own pace? Do you want to know the essential facts from the areas of history, art and architecture, spiced with entertaining anecdotes? If so, then cultY is the ideal way to transform your iPhone or iPod Touch into an Audio Guide! Set off on your very own tour and let this high-quality application enhance your enjoyment of many attractive destinations.
Whether you are planning a trip in advance, or have already arrived, cultY offers a wealth of interesting information about fascinating sights, along with amusing details and background knowledge, for you to look at and listen to: audio guide, countless recent and historical photos, map sections and service information – this mixture and a clear, attractive design make cultY unique.
After downloading it, you can use cultY offline. That way, you don’t have to pay further roaming charges when you are abroad.
There is already a cultY guide for Berlin, which will be followed soon by Istanbul, Rome and other world-class places of interest.
Enjoy your trip!